1. Your use of the Global Research Network (GRN) site gives us your consent to the use of personal information as set out below.
2. We gather the following anonymous information in aggregate form such as browser type (e.g. Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator), operating system (e.g. Windows, MacOS, Linux), IP address, and internet domain (e.g. Demon, AOL) using Google Analytics and other tracking systems to better understand how users are accessing our content.
3. If your device allows us to, we will use ‘cookies’ to store certain types of information each time you interact with us. Cookies enable our system to recognise your computer and allow us to see how our members use the Site. This may include tracking the areas of the Site you visit to see what interests you in particular, and what third party sites you access before and after for example.
4. Personal Information will be stored by and may be used by us:
• to enable us to develop, improve and market our products and services to you and our other customers / members;
• for market research and statistical analysis; and
• for general business purposes and as otherwise permitted by law or regulation
5. We may analyse and assess your personal information to enable us to:
• understand more about you; and
• design, select and offer products and services that we consider may be of interest to you
6. The GRN will keep any relevant information you send us in secure files for the duration of your membership for the purposes of carrying out your requested work. These files will be in at least 1 of our
• cloud storage;
• members’ management database;
• on our business computers; and / or
• in our email system
7. We will not transfer personal data about you to any country outside of the European Economic Area without first ensuring that adequate protections are put in place for your benefit in accordance with best industry practice, the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
8. We will not share any of this information with a third party without your consent. Third parties do not include (permanent, part-time, casual, consultant) staff members of the GRN.
9. GRN members have the right to rectify any data that is held on them via communication with the administrators and will be corrected within 1 month of receipt of the request.
11. The GRN may operate a Member Directory, and if so, we will operate ‘granular consent’ where each Member can adjust their Privacy settings to determine which data are visible to other members to override the default privacy for any data variable.
12. Members and Contacts can request a copy of your records at any time and request changes to the records we keep at any time. Please include your full name, email address and a description of the information that you need. Your request will be reviewed and responded to within one month of receipt.
13. The GRN is happy to offer the right to erasure for all members – upon leaving the GRN, should a leaving member wish to exercise this right, they should email the administrators, and a confirmation will be sent within 1 month of receipt confirming erasure of all personal data about them.
14. With regard to our newsletter and emails, all recipients have the right to unsubscribe, which is easily visible and will be carried out upon request.
15. For Event Registrants (non-members): When registering for a public event you have provided your Name and Email Address and some basic optional information about your professional status which is subject to change but may include for example which country / city you live in / organisation. You will automatically receive a follow-up email of the event with relevant information (such as a link to the recording of the event) and will receive our regular emails until you unsubscribe.
16. Contact and Member profiles are normally archived within our member management system rather than erased. The archive period is variable and determined by the constraints of our database size.